中文|English
热线电话:
您的位置:首页 > 教学园地

国际部 | Literary Journals-Issue 1 2020

[作者:Hanson 转贴自:本站 点击数:253 更新时间:2020-05-23 文章录入:GuoJiBuLiteraryJournalsIssue12020]

The Quiet Power of Introverts

内向者安静的力量


内向并不是性格上的缺陷,事实上,内向者反而拥有外向者无法比拟的一些优势,需要内向者去看到它,让内向成为夯实的动力源泉。






I am an introvert and I love it.

我是一个内向的人,我喜欢这样

And I'm not alone.

我并不孤单

Introverts are everywhere, and our quiet approach to life, our need for solitary time, isn't a flaw - it's a gift.

内向的人无处不在,我们安静的生活方式,我们需要独处的时间,这不是缺点——这是一种天赋。

But as an introvert it's not always easy to realise how wonderful you are.

但作为一个内向的人,要意识到自己有多优秀并不总是那么容易。

The world feels like a place that rewards extroverts.

这个世界就像是一个奖励外向者的地方。

Where being loud is mistaken for being confident and happy.

大声喧哗被误认为是自信和快乐。

Where everyone has something to say, but nobody listens.

每个人都有话要说,但没有人听。

A world of open-plan offices, networking parties, and big personalities.

一个由开放式办公室、社交聚会和大人物组成的世界。

For those who speak softly, it's easy to feel left out.

对于那些说话轻声细语的人来说,很容易感到被冷落。

As a child, I blended into the background.

作为一个孩子,我成了背景

Many thought that I had little to say or that I simply didn't like others.

But that wasn't true.

许多人认为我没什么好说的,或者我就是不喜欢别人。
但事实并非如此。

People often think that introverts are shy, or antisocial.

人们通常认为内向的人很害羞,或者不合群。

But these are misconceptions.

但这些都是误解。

Introverts, like anyone, can find socialising fun.

内向的人,像任何人一样,可以找到社交的乐趣

But while parties leave extroverts energised, after some time, introverts need to recharge. . . away from everyone.

然而,尽管派对让外向的人充满活力,但一段时间后,内向的人需要重新充电……远离每一个人。

There is a scientific theory for this.

这是有科学理论的

There are two important chemicals found in all our brains - dopamine and acetylcholine.

在我们的大脑中发现了两种重要的化学物质——多巴胺和乙酰胆碱

Dopamine is like a hit of energy when we take risks or meet new people - and it makes extroverts feel great.

多巴胺就像一股能量,当我们冒险或遇到新朋友时,它会让外向的人感觉很好。

But introverts are more sensitive to dopamine and get quickly over-stimulated.

但是内向的人对多巴胺更敏感,很快就会被过度刺激

That's why we prefer the more slow-burn feeling we get when our brains release acetylcholine.

这就是为什么当我们的大脑释放乙酰胆碱时,我们更喜欢缓慢燃烧的感觉

That happens when we concentrate, read, or focus our minds.

当我们集中注意力、阅读或集中注意力时,就会发生这种情况。

It makes us introverts feel relaxed, alert and content.

它让我们内向的人感到放松、警觉和满足。

But it barely registers with extroverts.

但外向的人对此几乎不感兴趣。

Of course, like anything, it's a sliding scale.

当然,就像其他事情一样,这是一个浮动比例。

You can lean one way or another.

你可以这样或那样倾斜。

Or be a bit of both - known as an ambivert /'æmbɪvɜ:t/.

或者两者兼而有之——被称为中间性格者

Now I understand myself better, I am deeply grateful for how I am.

现在我更了解自己了,我深深地感谢我现在的样子

Instead of filling up space with small talk, I listen patiently and make my words matter.

我不再用闲聊来填补空间,而是耐心地倾听,让我的话有意义。

I have few friends but our connection is deep.

我的朋友很少,但我们的关系很深。

I love spending time alone.

我喜欢独处。

It's where the chaos of a long day can finally settle.

漫长一天的混乱终于可以在这里平息。

I can reflect and listen to my thoughts, and eventually reconnect with myself.

我可以反思和倾听自己的想法,最终与自己重新建立联系。

Only after that am I ready to share with the world again.

只有在那之后,我才准备好再次与世界分享。

I have learnt strategies for finding comfort in our noisy world - from using music to create bubbles of peace, to escaping to a quiet park at lunchtime.

我学会了在这个嘈杂的世界中寻找安慰的策略——从用音乐制造宁静的泡泡,到在午餐时间去一个安静的公园。

I adore the intensity and chaotic beauty of the world.

我崇拜这个世界的强烈和混乱之美。

But it's in quiet spaces where I feel truly at home.

但它是在安静的空间里,我感觉像在家里一样。

If introversion were more valued by society, it could make a massive difference to our collective future.

如果内向能得到社会更多的重视,它将对我们共同的未来产生巨大的影响。

The unique attributes of introverts really are a deep, quiet strength.

内向者的独特特质其实是一种深沉、安静的力量。

And as Gandhi, put it, "In a gentle way, you can shake the world".

正如甘地所说,用一种温和的方式,你可以震撼世界


音频连接https://dict.eudic.net/webting/videoplay/b06696d0-4258-11ea-bc8f-bb5f9bcd365d

网友评论
发表评论
名字  
内容  
验证码  
看不清?点击更换